- Click here to see the latest Adobe Professional Learning offerings for teachers
I had the pleasure of presenting a range of workshops and a keynote session at the 2015 ECAWA (Education Computing Association of Western Australia) conference this week at Scotch College in Perth.
It was great working with Dr Michael Henderson from Monash University (and fellow committee member of DLTV) and Tom March, an international legend in the ICT in Education world and a mentor of mine who encouraged me as a young teacher to enhance my ICT skills.
Throughout the two days, there were about 100 teachers from a wide range of WA schools and universities who attended and shared their passion for ICT use in the classroom.
There was a strong focus on the use of Adobe tools to enhance creativity in classroom. I ran the following workshops:
- Flipped learning with Adobe Presenter, Adobe Voice & Premier Pro
- Mastering multimodal text with a range of Adobe solutions
- Video editing made simple with Adobe Clip & Premier Pro
- Having fun with Adobe Photoshop
- Simple web sites with Adobe Slate, Adobe Muse & Edge Animate
My keynote session was based on the topic Bridging the Disconnects where we looked at a range of ICT in Education issues, discussed some of the long term thinking about why the effective use of ICT and Creativity in teaching & learning is so important and looked at some of the popular Adobe solutions.
All of my slides and resources are available as a resource of the Adobe Education Exchange via – http://bit.ly/ecawa-adobe15
On online poll on ICT issues is education was conducted as part of the keynote session where the teachers were asked to rate their top 3 ICT in education issues (disconnects) from their experience.
It’s interesting that the concern with the most hits is the perceived conflict between curriculum demands and creativity. Closely followed by teacher ICT skills compared to students ICT skills. Both of these finding led to some very interesting discussion.
Here are some images of the conference …
Another highlight was seeing my first ever WA sunset over the Indian Ocean
- Have you join the Adobe Education Exchange?
- Check out CreateEDU TV
- Have you considered becoming an Adobe Campus Leader?
- Tim’s Website