The Nepean Arts & Design Centre – TAFE NSW, Western Sydney Region in Kingswood was the venue for a special Adobe in Education event for TAFE NSW teachers on Thursday 28th June.
This was an information session based on how and why Adobe Creative Cloud applications are making a positive difference in Education & Training across the globe. Over 40 TAFE teachers registered for this event from a range of schools around western and central Sydney.
The event was largely organised by Craig Daalmeijer-Power (second from the left), Head Teacher – Photography and Screen & Media at the TAFE NSW Nepean Arts & Design Centre. Graig, myself and Jason Grant (far right) offered a set of the following workshops:
- Sparking creativity with Adobe Spark
- Illustrator & Photoshop Tips & Tricks ( inc. Mobile apps)
- Folio Fancies – Behance, Adobe Portfolio, Indesign
- Premiere Pro Tips & Tricks
- Adobe XD
- Photoshop 3D, Dimensions and Acrobat
Craig is an Adobe Campus Leader and a great advocate for the use of Adobe products in the world of TAFE education.
We also had the support and representation from the TAFE NSW Skills
Point team, Sandi Lucock and Stephen Bull who spent the afternoon with us and attended the workshops. Stephen Bull is also the current bass player for Icehouse.
Feedback comments …
- Very inspiring and extremely useful
- I will be watching the development of XD it sounds very interesting the areas of development that are currently being considered
- I would love to be involved in replicating this activity in the TAFE NSW Sydney region
- Highlight – The simplicity and effectiveness of Spark and XD
Special thank you to Jerry Wong and Craig Daalmeijer-Power for helping to put this event together. I expect that this will be the first of many future Adobe in Education events with TAFE NSW.
The main resources I shared during this event are now available on the Adobe Education Exchange via – http://bit.ly/adobe28June18