On Thursday 9th May, North Metropolitan TAFE Perth was the venue for a couple of Adobe events. The first was a session with a number of students and teachers who were interested in finding out what is new in the Adobe Creative Cloud.
The second was a 4 hour Inject Creativity into the Curriculum with Adobe event for teachers from around Perth.
Over 40 teachers from 23 differenet school registered for this event whiched featured two sets of workshops with the help of Adobe Education Leaders Darren Smith, P.J Bryans and Drew Mayhills.
Some of the comments from the feedback included:
- A highlight was that Tim Kitchen clearly knows his ‘stuff’ and delivers it in a fun introductory way that everyone can understand and get excited about to then experiment with after the PD.
- Learning about the new apps and Adobe Campus Leader Program
- I liked the PD I just felt that the sessions were a little short and I wanted more time.
- Loved seeing what else is out there in terms of free Adobe programs for other devices.
- A highlight was getting a snapshot of the Adobe products and how to apply them specifically in education
- The content blew my mind, I am so happy to have someone help in the initial stages. Having someone help is far more effective initially than trying to struggle through purely virtually.
- Absolutely fantastic. Will attend again
- A highlight was being introduce to the Adobe applications I hadn’t used before like Character Animator
- Character animator was great!
Special thank you to Adobe Campus Leader Chris Schnell (Head of Program Higher Education Art and Design – North Metropolitan TAFE) who organised this event.