The Big Day In Brisbane event was hosted again this year at The University of Queensland. It involved about 350 students from schools all around Brisbane.
Professor Michael Bruenig, Head of School, School of Information Technology & Electrical Engineering, Faculty of Engineering, Architecture & Information Technology gave a brief welcome address.
This was followed by a wonderful presentation from Greg Booker (RACQ) who has over 30 years in the technology industry and a great story to share about how IT has changed and will be changing how we live and work and play.
My presentation was after Greg’s and I presented about how technology changes are disrupting many of the traditional job markets as well as creating whole new areas of work and what skills will be required to thrive in this exciting and ever-changing future?
Other presenters at this event included:
- Georgina Siggins from Microsoft
- Paul Peterson & Emily Entwistle from TechnologyOne
- Dennis Prior from the QLD Department of Human Services
- Adam Smith – Digital Transformation Agency, Australian Government
- Eamon Barker, Avanade Australia
- Major Benjamin Harrington, Defence Force Recruiting
Two more Big Day In events to go – Melbourne & Adelaide