On Monday 25th November, a group of teachers from rural NSW travelled to Sydney for a special Adobe in Education training day. These educators help run the NSW Rural STEM Industry School Partnerships (SISP) program.
SISP is an education model that partners with industry with an aim of inspiring students to study STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics). It focusses on growing students’ job readiness skills and contributing to the international competitiveness of regional NSW.
The aim of this event was to train these trainers and enhance their skills and confidence with a range of Adobe’s industry standard creativity applications.
Having the whole day together enabled us to work through a number of Adobe tools with a focus on how they can be used in the classroom to enhance the creativity and productivity of students and teachers. Examples of applications that were workshopped and demonstrated included:
- Character Animator
- Experience Design
- Spark Page
- Spark Video
- Premiere Pro
Feedback comments from the event included:
- I really liked being encouraged to take notes on Adobe Spark – it kept me engaged with the workshop and I got experience using the platform.
- Getting turned into the cartoon skeleton, brainstorming ideas of how to use in our schools/lessons.
- Experimenting with the software and discussing all the ways that I can incorporate these ideas in the classroom.
- It’s so rare to have professional learning where everything you are shown can be so easily applied in a real-world setting!
- I was really excited to play with Character animation and XD as i could see lots of really amazing applications for my classroom. I’m really keen to sign up for the education exchange and see some great ideas and resources.
- Amazing day
- A highlight was the connection between creative theory and practice
- I loved this – it will be so meaningful to the classroom and to extend talented students interested in the industry
- A highlight was interacting with other teachers, hands on learning and learning about the New Adobe Mobile apps.
- Fantastic workshop that can be used in the classroom.
- A highlight was understanding the purpose and tools in each Adobe product and being able to experiment.
- Exceeded my expectations. It was fantastic and inspiring. I’m ready to give the Adobe creative cloud a go and see what I can create!
A special thank you to Dr Scott Sleap (Project Leader SISPProgram, Secondary Education, Learning and Teaching Directorate, NSW Department of Education) and his team for helping to fund and organise this event.
The resources shared for this event can be found on the Adobe Education Exchange via http://bit.ly/adobe25Nov19