Adobe’s biggest annual creativity event is online, live and free this week.
Education @ Max (Education stream)
Here is what not to miss in Australasian times …
Wed, October 21st
- 11:00 AM to 12.30 PM (AEDT)
- 8.00 AM to 9.30 AM (WA & South East Asia)
- 10.30 AM to 12.00 PM (SA)
- 10.00 AM to 11.30 AM (QLD)
- 1.00 PM to 2.30 PM (NZ)
Adobe Max Keynote
- Shantanu Narayen , Chairman, President & CEO, Adobe
- Scott Belsky, Chief Product Officer and EVP, Creative Cloud, Adobe
- Conan O’Brien, Writer, Producer, Comedian
- Samantha Shoushtari, Content Operations Manager, Adobe
- Stephanie Au-Chan, Group Product Manager, Creative Cloud, Adobe
- Eric Snowden, Vice President of Design, Digital Media, Adobe
- Terry White, Principal Worldwide Design and Photography Evangelist, Adobe
- Khoi Vinh, Senior Director of Product Design, XD, Adobe
- Kyle Webster, Senior Design Evangelist, Creative Cloud Product Marketing, Adobe
- Jason Levine, Principal Worldwide Creative Cloud Evangelist, Adobe
Video in the Spotlight
12.30 PM to 1.00 PM (AEDT)
A session celebrating Asia Pacific video and film creators
- Paul Trani, Principal Worldwide Evangelist, Adobe
- Taika Waititi, Director
- DPR Ian, Musician & Film Director
- John Huang, Animator, Filmmaker and Content Creator, Counter656
The art of photography: Desktop & mobile
1.00 PM to 2.15 PM (AEDT)
An inspirational hour of luminary talks and an expanded Photoshop demo. Special guests include:
- Celebrated photographer Annie Leibovitz in a conversation with Adobe’s Principal Digital Imaging Evangelist Julieanne Kost*
- Photographer Charmaine Poh, who uses narrative portraiture to advocate for marginalised communities in Asia, including the LGBT community and single mothers. She discusses why and how she uses her art to shine a light on sensitive topics in society.
- Wildlife photographer Sudhir Shivaram, on how he combines technical and creative skills to capture the wildlife of India
- Elaine Li, award winning art director and photographer from Hong Kong now living in Sydney, will share insights and tips for aspiring creative professionals and photographers
From blank screen to brilliant – session 1
2.15 PM to 3.00 PM (AEDT)
Special guests include:
- Wade Jeffree and Leta Sobierajski. This creative couple known as Wade and Leta, discuss how they combine purposeful eclecticism and performative design to create emotional visuals, utilising all disciplines.
- Internationally recognised Australian creative director Chris Doyle from Christopher Doyle & Co. in a conversation with Sarah Nguyen, Head of Product at Streamtime, and writer and editor at Re, Jane Duru, will explore the processes and structures required to create a workplace culture that allows people to do their most creative work.
Infinite Possibilities with Photoshop
2.30 PM to 3.00 PM (AEDT)
Come join this Photoshop class with digital artist Rames Harikrishnasamy as he shows how you can master some of the coolest features in Photoshop.
- Better ways to make quick selections fast
- How to remove and change backgrounds
- Image composition
- How to apply color grading in minutes
Inject Creativity Live – Adobe Max session
- 6.30 PM to 8.15 PM (AEDT)
- 3.30 PM to 5.15 AM (WA & South East Asia)
- 6.00 PM to 7.45 PM (SA)
- 5.30 AM to 7.15 AM (QLD)
- 8.30 PM to 10.15 PM (NZ)
Live via the following social channels – YouTube, Twitter/Periscope, LinkedIn & Facebook (closed group)
More information & reminder registration here
This live event will be hosted by Dr Tim Kitchen and Cara Galan from the Adobe Education Team. It will feature highlight from Max day 1 and much more.
Thurs, October 22nd
11:00 AM to 12.30 PM (AEDT)
From Blank Screen to Brilliant – Session 2
Special guests include:
- Josh Dykgraaf, an expert in photo manipulation. Josh will share a recent series of work featuring photo manipulations of Animalia, created from his landscape photography and images of Australian flora. He’ll discuss the importance of thinking like a photographer and shooting your own material to create compelling and effective photo manipulation.
- Artist Divya Thakur, a powerhouse in design thinking, product, and practice. Hear about her creative journey and the paths she’s travelled to become a critical force in shaping taste and trend.
Get a sneak peek into what’s brewing in Adobe Research! Adobe engineers give a first look at potential future technologies that may or may not make it into upcoming versions of Adobe products. This year’s Sneaks will be co-hosted by talk show host, best-selling author, and comedian Chelsea Handler, along with Adobe’s Paul Trani, Senior Creative Cloud Evangelist.
Friday, October 23rd
1.30 PM 2.00 PM (AEDT)
Adobe Max ancillary Edu Community Event
Building Student Voice in a Distance Learning Classroom
Live on the Adobe for Education YouTube Channel
Moderator: Dr Tim Kitchen
- Dr Max Schleser
- Juliette Bentley