Day one of the Adobe Education Summit for the Asia-Pacific region was exclusively for Adobe Education leaders (AELs). AELs are the highest level of Adobe’s education leadership community and we had about 45 teachers register for this event and join us throughout the day.
The event started with a video by many of the attendees …
Clara Galán (Adobe’s Globa Education Community Lead) and I welcomed everyone prior to a series of sessions by members of the global Adobe in Education team.
Clara shared new information about the Global Adobe Education Community programs.
She highlighted the new Adobe Creative Educators programs, the various Adobe Education Exchange on-demand courses, Adobe Education social media channels, virtual events, Adobe Max and much more
Click here to see Clara’s presentation
Dr Brian Johnsrud
Dr Brian Johnsrud joined the Adobe Education Team about 1 year ago as the Education Curriculum Strategy Lead. Brian leads the worldwide education curriculum strategy for Adobe. Brian shared a presentation titled Adobe 2020 curriculum updates.
He shared some of the new and coming resources on the Adobe Distance Learning Resources section of the Adobe Education Exchange.
Click here to see Brian’s presentation
Tacy Trowbridge is Adobe’s Global Education Programs Lead and she shared the latest in the thought leadership and research messaging from Adobe Education.
Click here to see Tacy’s presentation
Matt Neimitz is well known to many of us as the manager of the Adobe Education Exchange which recently hit over 880,000 members of the Adobe Education Exchange and about 140,000 from the APAC region. He shared with us some of the Exchange highlights this year and what is planned in the near future.
Click here to see Matt’s presentation
Adobe Product Team members
One of the advantages of being an Adobe Education Leader is the NDA (Non Disclosure Agreement) access they get to Adobe product announcements. It was a great opportunity for the AELs to connect with Jessica Nunez from the Premiere Rush Product Team, Erica Schisler from the Character Animator Product Team, Mark Dahm from the Photoshop Product Team and Ajay Shukla from the Adobe Animate Product Team. We can’t publish what was shared during this session. All we can say is watch out for some exciting news at the coming Adobe Max conference.
Adobe Customer Success Managers
We had a great session with all of the Adobe Customer Success Managers connected with Education in the ANZ region.
Click here to see this session.
Adobe Product Demonstrations
Brian Chau and Chris Hansen from the Adobe Solution Consultant team joined us for some demonstrations on Character Animator, Animate and After Effects.
- Click here to see Brian’s Animate demo
- Click here to see Chris’ After Effects demo
- Click here to see Brian’s Character Animator demo
Adobe Master of Teaching project
Dr Magda Gross and AEL Juliette Bentley introduced us to the new Adobe Master of Teaching project.
Click here to see this session
We were delighted to have Peter Hutton from the Future Schools Alliance as our keynote presenter for day 1 of the APAC Adobe Education Summit.
Peter is a former school principal in Victoria and the Director the Future Schools Alliance. He has extensive leadership experience in both the state and independent school systems where he has led significant successful innovation in both sectors.
His keynote was very informative and thought-provoking. He reminded the AELs that it is important that they don’t just do education the way we have always done it. He challenged all of us to question basic assumptions about education like all students learning at the same time, in the same age groups from 9 to 3.30 on weekdays. He suggested that the education system is not broken but just not built for modern society. And he challenged us to consider that maybe schooling should be focused on fulfillment rather than learning.
Peter inspired us to really challenge how we do school. More information on the Future Schools Alliance ca be found via: https://futureschools.education/
Click here to see Peter’s address and the following discussion.
Following the keynote, the AELs broke into a series of workshop on the following Adobe applications:
- Dimension & Illustrator with Steve Nichols from Adobe
- Animate with Brian Chau from Adobe
- Photoshop with Craig Daalmeijer-Power from TAFE NSW
- Substance & Mixamo with Alwyn Hunt from Adobe
- Premiere Pro with Craig Daalmeijer-Power from TAFE NSW
- XD with Mark Woszczalski from TAFE NSW
Here are some of the highlights reflected in the feedback process …
- Loved hearing about what’s coming in a few of the products and also what resources are being developed/released.
- Loved Peter’s highlights and hearing from the Adobe product teams. Clara, Matt and Tacy are always fantastic to hear from.
- Peter Hutton’s talk was very engaging and though provoking.
- I would love to spend more time with Brian and Alwyn, just to pick their brains for all of the amazing knowledge that they have stored away there!
- Keynote address from Peter Hutton was very engaging and thought provoking. He posed challenges to educators to personalise change rather than rely on systemic changes out of our control. Good range of workshops and presentations throughout the day covering new and exciting Adobe applications. Exciting times ahead for all educators with improvement to EdEx and many pathways towards becoming Adobe education leaders and community contributors.
- Peter Hutton was outstanding. His ideas resonate and despite being presented simply and eloquently, they have great potential for change and the ramifications of implementing his thoughts would be long-lasting and profound.
- Brian’s session on Animate was also a highlight. He has such a friendly manner, a great presentation style and he’s easy to listen to. I look forward to re-watching his presentation and trying out his tricks and tips.
- Very much enjoyed having more time to listen to Peter Hutton and his thoughts and philosophy concerning the current education model. Other highlights – well honestly, the entire Day 1 of the summit was a highlight.
- Great presentation by fellow AEL Juliette & keynote speaker. Adobe Product Teams updates are always super exciting. Great to chat with colleagues online. Good workshops.