A group of talented young men from St Mary’s Cathedral College in Sydney took part in an Adobe Day on the afternoon of Monday 13th August.
The focus of this day was an Industry Study that they were doing about Adobe as a company.
Some of the facts about Adobe that we researched included:
- Adobe’s headquarters is in San Jose, California
- There are over 50 Adobe offices globally
- Adobe employ over 17,000 employees worldwide
- Adobe was founded in 1982 by John Warnock and Charles Geschke
- Adobe, comes from Adobe Creek in Los Altos, California near where John Warnock lived
- Steve Jobs from Apple offered to acquire Adobe soon after it was established for five million dollars, but failed.
- Photoshop 1.0 was introduced in 1989
- In 1991 Adobe released Adobe Premiere – becoming Premiere Pro in 1993
- Adobe introduced the PDF to the world along with Acroba in 1993
- In 1994 Adobe acquired the makers of PageMaker & After Effects & took over control of the TIFF file format.
- Adobe acquired Macromedia adding ColdFusion, Captivate, Connect, Director, Dreamweaver, Fireworks, Flash & Presenter in 2005.
- In 2005, Adobe acquired Macromedia adding ColdFusion, Captivate, Connect, Director, Dreamweaver, Fireworks, Flash & Presenter
- Shantanu Narayen has been the Chairman & CEO of Adobe since 2007. He joined Adobe in 1998 as a senior vice-president of worldwide product research.
Most of the St Mary’s students were experienced users of a range of Adobe tools so it was a pleasure to help extend their knowledge of video editing with Premiere Pro and image manipulation with Photoshop.
The boys were all new the the Adobe Spark tools and were impressed with their simplicity and practical use in a range of school & social settings.
Special thank you to their teacher Mr Fady Ibrahim for organising this excursion.