Thanks to Adobe Character Animator, Rob the Robot was joined (for the first time) by Dr Applesmith from Adobe to help introduce this professional learning event that I ran at Flinders University on Thursday September 12.
The aim of the event was to introduce a range of academic and support staff to the value of a number of Adobe Creative Cloud applications.
Most of the participants, were not aware of much more than Adobe Acrobat & Photoshop, so it was a pleasure to introduce to them to a whole new world of digital creativity and productivity options.
Adobe Spark was a revelation to many of them and it was great to see how quickly they produced a number of digital graphics and videos with ease.
Other apps that were work-shopped and presented included Character Animator, Rush, Photoshop and Experience Design.
Some of the feedback from this session included the following comments …
- An informative session
- Learning the new apps was enlightening – I had not used Character Animate, but now I will
- Being able to quickly create using the spark tools while in session
- Tim was warm & engaging
- A good intro to a wide range of apps on the suite. Need to think and read about which are likely to be integrated in my work.
- Being able to create things straight away was a highlight
- I didn’t realise the huge spectrum of Adobe programs, and that some were free and usable on handheld devices so that was really interesting.
- Demonstrate a range of tools and showed some real examples
- This session is very informative and it is great to refresh the knowledge
- Highlight was the animation but overall was a great introduction.
My resources for this event can be found on the Adobe Education Exchange via – http://bit.ly/adobe-Flinders19