About 50 lecturers from universities all over Malaysia traveled to Kuala Lumpur for two days of Adobe creativity last week thanks to Adobe’s Malaysian partner Prestariang.
Having lots of quality time with so many interested educators, created a wonderful opportunity to share the value of many Adobe applications to help engage students and prepare them for this digital age.
We work-shopped a number of techniques within the following applications:
- Spark Post
- Spark Video
- Character Animator
- Premiere Rush
- Premiere Pro
- InDesign &
We also looked at some of the research behind the importance of encouraging creativity in education. We discussed how school systems and universities across the globe are revising their curricula with an increasing emphasis on experiential learning, interdisciplinary approaches and an array of literacies to help better prepare their students for the future.
The aim of the event was to help demonstrate how Adobe applications help extend literacy traditions into new contexts, with an emphasis on creative problem solving through writing, speaking, presenting, making & storytelling.
The teachers were encouraged to keep a record of their learning through the development of an ongoing Spark Page.
In the feedback, overall comments about highlights of the workshop included…
- Using spark to make video as I am teaching biochemistry and genetics. So making a video to explain the difficult concept is useful in my teaching.
- Super cool! Definitely using all the resources & tips with my students
- I’m an E-Learning trainer and looking for good softwares for developing E-Contents. Glad that Adobe has got lots of softwares for it. Thank you for the introduction to them.
- I’ve learned faster way and appropriate tools in doing thing via adobe software especially Photoshop.
- A splendid and fruitful training program.
- Tips and tricks will lots of Adobe products.
- Spark Post and Character Animator are two apps that are extremely wonderful and useful for digital education.
- Introduction to new features available in latest Photoshop, Premiere. Introduction to Spark, Premiere Rush and a lot of Adobe product for mobile.
- Really enjoy this workshop. i got new info/features from adobe like Adobe Spark, Behance, Premier Rush CC, also learn about adobe apps which is we can create video and editing using smart phone and of course will share all the tools that i learn today with my students.
- I wish we could have more time.
- Looking forward for more programs like this. WELL DONE
- Love it!!!
- I already join Adobe Education Exchange & follow Dr Tim. Target for this year to get more than 300 points and join the Adobe Campus Leaders Program. Hope can get more info from Adobe. Thanks to Dr Tim Kitchen. You give a lot of info today.
- Do it again next time
- Thanks a lot to our instructor and organizers.
- Dr. Tim Kitchen rocks!
Special thanks to our partners at Prestariang and to Adobe Account Executive for Malaysian Education Sandra Otero for her help and support.